Nintendo held their Switch event this past Thursday in Japan where they revealed a good amount of information about the games and hardware. They also had hands on demos during their treehouse event the following day. Needless to say, a lot of juicy info was dropped this past week and we’ll do our best to cover it all and give our reactions in this episode.
A run down of the hardware info revealed:
- The Nintendo Switch launches on March 3rd, 2017 around the world.
- It will Retail for $299.99 in the US.
- There will be two version, one with gray Joy-Cons, the other with Neon blue and red.
- In the box will be the Switch, Switch Dock, Joy-Cons (left and right), Joy-Con strap, AC adapter, and an HDMI cable.
- Nintendo’s new online service is switching to a paid model at the end of the year but not price was given.
- The Pro Controller comes out September.
- No game is bundled in and there were not other skus mentioned.
Some of the more notable and original titles revealed:
- 1-2 Switch (March 3, 2017)
- Arms (Spring 2017)
- Fire Emblem Warriors (Holiday 2017)
- Shin Megami Tensei (2017)
- Splatoon 2 (Summer 2017)
- Super Mario Odyssey (Holiday 2017)
- Xenoblade Chronicles 2 (2017)
Joining us again is our Nintendo expert, Charles.