We love seeing your builds of our remixed GBA Slab SP Kits. If you tag us on Instagram, we’ll make sure to give your build a shoutout and feature it on our stories!
With our remixed GBA Slab SP kit, you can turn your Game Boy Advance SP into a custom unhinged handheld. New features like our angled L & R buttons make pulling off missile and angled shots a lot more enjoyable in games like Metroid Fusion. This kit is also great for GBA SP’s that have broken shells, hinges, screens, or if you’re just looking to have something in your collection that is unique to you. Customize the color scheme for the front shell, back shell, and L & R buttons to make your GBA Slab SP unique to you and your collection.
New Colors! Retro Beige, Galaxy Purple, Gun Metal, Marble, Sparkling Gold, and Turquoise
Galaxy Purple and Sparkling Gold are glitter colors while Gun Metal has a sheen!
Remixed GBA Slab SP Features:
- Unique overall shape designed to look like the Game Boy Pocket and original Game Boy DMG
- Brightness Button for FunnyPlaying brightness control (install instructions below)
- Resin printed front facing light piping for the power status LEDs
- Ergonomic angled L & R with soft tactile buttons
- OEM Battery door nut and screw utilization
- Screen cutout perfectly shows the “Game Boy Advance SP” screen lettering on the FunnyPlaying screen
- Power switch fits like the OEM shell with a satisfying “click”
- Cut out allowing taller and oddly shaped game cartridges like the Game Boy Camera
- Speaker bracket speaker holder
- Bottom shell cutouts for accessories like the GBA wireless adapter
- Cart slot bracket for better FDM printing and texture (install instructions below)
- Completely redesigned button holes to align correctly to our Button PCB (not included)
What’s included in the kit:
- A complete 3D printed GBA Slab SP shell
- Front Shell
- Top Back Shell
- Lower Back Shell
- Cart Slow Bracket
- L & R Buttons
- Brightness Button
- Battery Door
- Speaker Bracket
- Soft Tactile Buttons (x2)
- Tactile Brightness Button (x1)
- Resin printed light pipe (x2)
What’s required but NOT INCLUDED:
- FunnyPlaying IPS GBA SP screen (this is the only supported screen)
- GBA SP (and all GBA SP parts / screws)
- Button PCB (sold separately)
- FPC /FFC cable and extender board (sold separately)
- Face Buttons
- Button Membranes (sold separately)
- M1.7 x 5 and M1.7 x 6 Screws (optional if not using GBA SP screws)
- Screw drivers (Y and Phillips)
The below color map shows what color the 3d Printed parts will be.
This is a complete rework of Xipher’s original GBA Slab SP. All credit for the original GBA Slab SP design and concept goes to Xipher. Please note that these shells are printed on demand. Please allow at least 3 – 5 business days for processing.