This little board allows you to safely shutdown your Raspberry Pi project when using either Helder’s RetroPSU or Adafruit’s PowerBoost 1000c to power it. This board also works great with Bluup’s OneForAll software.
New for version 1.1:
- Small 25mm x 20mm x 3.3mm footprint
- Switch now built into the board (you can still use your own)
- 3mm Mounting holes for M2.5 screws
- GND: Ground
- BAT+: Connects to “BAT+” of RetroPSU or “BAT” of the PowerBoost 1000c
- EN: RetroPSU** / PowerBoost Engage Pin
- PO: GPIO PowerOff
- SD: GPIO ShutDown
Add the following two lines to your /boot/config.txt*:
dtoverlay=gpio-poweroff,gpiopin=[PO: replace with GPIO],active_low=1
dtoverlay=gpio-shutdown,gpio_pin=[SD: replace with GPIO],active_low=1
*If you’re using Bluup’s OneForAll scripts or other scripts that handle the shutdown pin, don’t add the shutdown line.
**Jumper J2 of Helder’s RetroPSU must be unbridged for this circuit to work.