The Neo BT is a Bluetooth Adapter that allows you to connect various bluetooth controllers to your Neo Geo AES, MVS, CD, or SuperGun. This includes PS3, PS4, PS5, Xbox One, Xbox Series S & X, Switch Joy-Cons, 8BitDo (bluetooth only) and other bluetooth controllers.
The Neo BT runs on the incredible BlueRetro platform by Jacques Gagnon. A portion of each sale is donated to Jacques to further support the platform.
- Use various Bluetooth devices with your Neo Geo, MVS, and Super Gun
- Supports Turbo (requires firmware 1.7+)
Very low latency, comparable to "2.4Ghz" devices (varies based on controller being used)
Example: 8BitDo's PC Engine Mini Controller is around 7.4ms (rpubs.com) whereas BlueRetro with a PS5 controller is lower at around 5.4ms
- Remappable buttons
- Easy to use web interface
- Open source and user updatable
- Plug & Play
- With the console off, Plug in the adapter into the controller port
- Power on the console
- The adapter LED will pulse, this indicates it's ready to be paired to
- Put you Bluetooth controller in pairing mode (i.e. PS4 / PS5 controllers, hold down the "PS" and "Share" button until their LEDs blink rapid bursts)
- Once the controller is successfully paired, the adapter's LED will turn off and you're ready to play
Web Config Interface
The Web Config is used to update the firmware, switch controller modes, and change button mapping. To connect to the adapter's web config, go to https://blueretro.io in a web browser.
General overview of Web Config:
See BlueRetro mapping reference for Bluetooth controller & the Neo Geo button label correspondence.
For a more in-depth overview of the Web Config and button mapping, read more here.
- PS4/PS5: ~5.4 ms
- XBOX One: ~8.8 ms
- Switch Pro: ~12.4 ms
- PS3: ~12.8
- WiiU Pro: ~13.2 ms
- 8bitdo: ~16.2 ms
- Wiimote: ~16.3 ms