The PCE BT is a Bluetooth Adapter that allows you to connect various Bluetooth controllers to your PC Engine. This includes PS3, PS4, PS5, Xbox One, Xbox Series S & X, Switch Joy-Cons, 8BitDo (Bluetooth only) and other Bluetooth controllers.
The PCE BT runs on the incredible BlueRetro platform by Jacques Gagnon. A portion of each sale is donated to Jacques to further support the platform.
- Use various Bluetooth devices with your PC Engine
- Supports Turbo (requires firmware 1.7+)
- 2, 3, and 6 button controller modes
- Built in multitap mode for up to 5 Bluetooth devises
Very low latency, comparable to "2.4Ghz" devices (varies based on controller being used)
Example: 8BitDo's PC Engine Mini Controller is around 7.4ms (rpubs.com) whereas the PCE BT with a PS5 controller is lower at around 5.4ms
- Remappable buttons that save to the PCE BT
- Fits perfectly in Core and Duo models
- Easy to use web interface
- Open source and user updatable
- Plug & Play
- With the console off, Plug in the PCE BT adapter into the controller port
- Power on the console
- The PCE BT's LED will pulse, this indicates it's ready to be paired to
- Put you Bluetooth controller in pairing mode (i.e. PS4 / PS5 controllers, hold down the "PS" and "Share" button until their LEDs blink rapid bursts)
- Once the controller is successfully paired, the PCE BT's LED will turn off and you're ready to play
Web Config Interface
The Web config is used to update the firmware, switch controller modes (multitap, 6 button, mouse, etc), and change button mapping. To connect to the PCE BTs web config, go to https://blueretro.io in a web browser.
General overview of Web Config:
Controller Modes and Button Mapping
- None: BlueRetro will emulate the device selected in output config #1.
- Slot 1: BlueRetro will emulate a 5 port multitap with the device selected in output config #1 on all ports.
- Slot 2: Same as None.
- Dual: Same as None.
- Alt: Same as None.
- GamePad: BlueRetro will emulate a standard 2/3 buttons PCE / TG16 controller.
- GamePadAlt: BlueRetro will emulate a standard 6 buttons PCE / TG16 controller.
- Keyboard: NA
- Mouse: BlueRetro will emulate a PCE mouse. (Must use "Default Mouse" preset) (Not supported in multitap mode)
See BlueRetro mapping reference for Bluetooth controller & PCE/TG16 controller buttons label correspondence.
For a more in-depth overview of the Web Config and button mapping, read more here.
- PS4/PS5: ~5.4 ms
- XBOX One: ~8.8 ms
- Switch Pro: ~12.4 ms
- PS3: ~12.8
- WiiU Pro: ~13.2 ms
- 8bitdo: ~16.2 ms
- Wiimote: ~16.3 ms